quick help for freerunner noob, terminal/wifi missing

Daniel Spies daniel.spies at fuceekay.com
Sat Jan 17 01:09:11 CET 2009

Hi all,

I received my Freerunner today and after loading the battery I flashed
everything (kernel, rootfs and u-boot) to the 2008.12 release. Work's
pretty well, except I can't find a termin/console and cannot find any
possibity to access wireless networks (as I am not at home atm I can't use
USB). So is it normal for 2008.12 to not have that much apps installed per
default? Did I miss someting when flashing? I can't find any issues like
mine searching Google, and it seems the Wiki doesn't handle this issue as
well. It would be great if I just could get access to the terminal like I
could in the previously installed 2007.2... Any hints?

Thanks a lot!
Daniel