Freerunner LightSaber

Francesco de Virgilio fradeve11 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 18:30:48 CET 2009

Great app, but...
On 2008.12 I've installed python-pygame and this follows when I try to
run the program:

root at om-gta02:~# export DISPLAY=:0
root at om-gta02:~# ko-lightsaber
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/ko-lightsaber", line 32, in <module>
     pygame.mixer.init()
pygame.error: No available audio device

Any tip?

kris Occhipinti wrote:
> Well, a few months ago, before I have a FreeRunner I saw a LightSaber
> application for the iPhone, I thought was neat.
>
> So, I made My own for the FreeRunner Yesterday.
>
> Here is the link
> http://filmsbykris.com/freerunner-debian/ko-user/ko-lightsaber.tar.gz
>
> How to install:
> Just un-tar it to your root directory and it should place everything
> where it needs to be
> and give you an icon on your desktop.
>
> What it does:
> Start the App and the phone sounds like a LightSaber Extending and then
> Humming (You know, Like StarWars)
> Swing the Phone Around and it sounds like you're having a LightSaber Fight.
>
> Features so Far:
> Sound, Vibration, and The Power Button LED flashes Blue on Swings.
>
> Todo list:
> Work on the GUI (Currently just a big exit button)
> add buttons to extend and retract Saber ( so you don't have to exit the
> program to stop the sounds )
> And some sort of graphic or image of a Light Saber.
> Add More sounds
> Have buttons so you can choose the color of you lightsaber.
>
> Bugs:
> Sometimes while exiting, if you are still swinging the phone around, the
> LED and/or the vibrator will stay on.
> If this occurs, start the app up again and then close it with out
> swinging the phone around.
> I believe I can fix this with ease.  I just wanted to get what I have
> done out before I continued working on new things.
>
> I got the sound fx off a free sound fx website.  Don't know who made
> them.  I hope it is ok that I used them.

Francesco de Virgilio
*Ubuntu-it Member and Wiki Editor*
    mailto:fradeve at ubuntu-it.org
    http://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/FrancescoDeVirgilio
*Wikimedia Italia Member*
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Fradeve11
*OpenStreetMap Mapper*
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Fradeve11
*Blog*
    http://fradeve.netsons.org
		"Love - Peace - Freedom - Free Software"