Yaouh! 0.2

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Sat Jan 17 23:51:27 CET 2009

Cool, thanks for the update, trying it again both on freerunner and desktop.

On freerunner so far no changes (it's still loading so I can't say
anything about the speed)

On desktop:
rhk at rubert:~/freerunner$ ./yaouh.py

(process:29809): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
        Using the fallback 'C' locale.
cd: 1: can't cd to /home/root/Maps/OSM/
find: paths must precede expression: Screenshot-2.png
Usage: find [-H] [-L] [-P] [-Olevel] [-D
help|tree|search|stat|rates|opt|exec] [path...] [expression]
Unhandled exception in thread started by
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./yaouh.py", line 96, in up_progressbar
    ip=(1.0/int(tot))
ZeroDivisionError: float division

It looks like that it requires one to have the maps in
/home/root/Maps/OSM/. I had a look at the code and I see that if
something (?) fails it tries this and it failed too so maybe a proper
error handling here would be required.

On freerunner it again got stuck trying to download a tile but nothing
happened - maybe a time limit to wait for a single tile would be handy
so it would try the next one if something's wrong with the tile or
connection.

And about the 'loading' taking a long time in the start: would it make
sense to load one zoom level at one time to make it start the actual
these updated first. Having an preference option (at least in the code
somewhere) where to start and in which order to check the folders
might make sense: Now I'm not able to load anything for the first 7
minutes or so when it scans for the files instead of scanning 1 dir in
1 min and downloading 6 minutes -> this would already give me many
checked/updated tiles.

Just a thought though :)

Thanks again :)