[fso] sending pin failed

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 18 00:33:47 CET 2009

Try removing the SD card and see if that helps registering - see the
wiki for the qtopia indexing problem.  Also, give it a few hours and
reboots for the distro to finish setting itself up, indexing etc before
deciding it wont play.

Also, some 8gb and above SD cards need a slower clock - search for sdclk
on the wiki

Try 2008.12 - I find that FSO and SHR which use the gsm0710muxd just
lock up the gsm chipset and dont work - ever :(  Some SIM cards just
dont work at all ...

BillK

On Sat, 2009-01-17 at 21:07 +0100, Tomas Nackaerts wrote:
> hi,
>

> i have a freerunner for a few weeks now, but i was never able to
> connect to a gsm network. i tried all distributions, except
> qtextended, and all gave errors.
>

> currently i'm using fso, and when i boot the phone, it asks for a pin,
> and then it fails with the error "error while sending pin"
>

> i was also unable to boot a distribution like debian or hackable from
> a 8gb sd-card, but i'm not sure it is related.
>

> i hope somebody can give me some hints to get these issues fixed.
>

> greatings,
>

> tomas

Home in Perth!