Watching videos on neo freerunner (openmoko 2008.12) mplayer-glamo

Steven ** montgoss+openmokocommunity at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 00:56:39 CET 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 10:31 AM, pottwal4 <pottwal4 at web.de> wrote:
> Thanks Daniel, you was right! There was a problem concerning the
> $DISPLAY-Variable. But there was an other one, which I fixed, choosing
> the output device "-vo glamo" instead of "-vo xover:glamo".

The xover issue you had is only a problem when starting the video over
SSH.  It works just fine with xover when started from the terminal on
the Neo.

Actually, I think it works better.  What that option seems to do is
force the video to the front (ie over everything else).  Without that
option, I can't get the mplayer window to accept input(clicks).  They
pass right through and hit whatever was on the screen before I ran
your script.

-Steven