hub-ctrl as a way to remotely wake openmoko neo freerunner?

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Sun Jan 18 15:04:15 CET 2009

"Torfinn Ingolfsen" <tingox at gmail.com> writes:
> Wouldn't it be better if the phone ran a "daemon" of sorts which just
> changed the suspend setting to "off" when the usb port was connected?

That is a often a good idea.

However, in my scenario I want to specifically stress-test
suspend/resume cycle since there are many bugs[1] associated with
it. I can wake up the phone automatically with RTC timer but sometimes
it would be useful to wake it up also "remotely" if the timer fails
for some reason[2].

Second reason is that when the phone is connected to a laptop that has
limited battery capacity I would like to have the phone stay in
suspend when it can.

best regards,
Timo Lindfors

[1] http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket//2126