Jabra BT3030 experience anywhere ?

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Mon Jan 19 15:51:27 CET 2009

I have choosen this to have one script and not another for bonding to
be issued before. If the bonding is done, the output of that command
could simply ignored.

There are other samples for passkey gathering. I had no luck with the
GUI (python, import gtk) because of propably missing python
libraries.

The best solution would be calling the GUI version of a passkey when
there is no bonding. Also there are issues with the media player
that are have to passed special parameters not always required (if no
bt device is in the field).

I suggest a config file written by the passkey agent that a bluetooth
device should be used, then in the mplayer start scripts I posted some
time ago desicions could be made how to output the sound.

OTOH the sound system should do that, not the player :-)

BTW, that BT device and an FM transmitter would be quite a good car
handsfree installation.

Using a 2 Ampere car USB adapter, also charging is no more an issue
and the BT device could charged too :-)

Lothar

Am 19.01.2009 um 14:49 schrieb arne anka:

> passkey-agent, ie pairing, should be necessary only the first time
> using a
> bt device (except you removed the cache, by flashing or deleting, of
> course).
> can somebody, please, put these steps in the wiki?
> if two people got a jawbone working with these steps, it is
> obviously far
> better than anything else posted yet.

-- | Rapid Prototyping | XSLT Codegeneration | http://www.lollisoft.de
Lothar Behrens