Yaouh! out (update for tangogps maps)

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Tue Jan 20 13:30:08 CET 2009

William Kenworthy wrote:

> Also, I didnt think tangogps overwrote files already downloaded - it
> uses them from the cache instead - will have to test the download
> dialog, but I seem to remember that didnt download existing tiles
> either.

tangogps uses the cache - until you notice that the cache is getting old
and ask it to download. (Click the map, select "map download" from the
menu) The visible area is then downloaded,
plus a user-specified amount of extra zoom levels for that area. Any
existing cache for that area is replaced.

I do this (using USB networking) when I have updated a place
in openstreetmap.

Helge Hafting