[2008.12] Pause mplayer on call ?

Dylan Reilly dreilly at atariland.net
Tue Jan 20 20:48:10 CET 2009

Pausing mplayer is probably going to be problematic without re-writing
it. Firstly, you would have to run it in slave mode so that you could
write to the process using a pipe. Secondly you will need to get a
signal that a call is inbound. The latter is not readily available to
systems not using frameworkd. If you are using qtopia to make phone
calls, chances are you do not have frameworkd.

If you did, you could add an event in
/etc/freesmartphone/oevents/rules.yaml. If you have this file, you
will see rules relating to incoming calls. Then you would need to
craftily send a signal to your mplayer instance to pause playback.

Personally, that sounds like no fun. Mokoko (I believe) [1] and the
hacks to pythm I made (search the mailing list) have support for this
feature. Mokoko is easier to install. Maybe there are others, but I
forget.

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Mokoko

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Lothar Behrens
<lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have played a bit with mplayer, with has great sount from my BT3030 :-)
> But is there any way to pause mplayer when there is a call coming in (qpe) ?
> I currently do not use any GUI for it, so mplayer may only killed with any
> usefull signal to pause.
> Then how to restart it again.
> This is not only to mute the music, but also to propably safe cpu time while
> the call - especially
> when mplayer is reniced to -19.
> I had a look into the qpe config file, but I have noting got out of it to
> enable such a scenario.
> Are there any event's I could attent on instead tweaking any application ?
> Thanks
> Lothar
>
> -- | Rapid Prototyping | XSLT Codegeneration | http://www.lollisoft.de
> Lothar Behrens