Pimlico on the Freerunner ?

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 10:25:39 CET 2009

> Unless I'm quite mistaken, the request was for Openmoko to offer an
> officially-supported development environment, beyond a tarballed toolchain
> and wiki instructions.

I second that. There are so many bleeding edge software, it has a real
barrier (time-consuming installation) to begin to contibute.

Eg. What is the most simple method to help paroli (without a freerunner)?

It requires e17 from svn and their python bindings, it acts with the
FSO stack, need tichy (it is integrated these days,if Im right).
(I personally started to install all this stuff on my Desktop, but just
gave up after a couple of day)

I gave paroli an example for a good reason, because tightly integrated
to the phone:
- does not require kernel development knowledge
- it only requires python knowledge (more easy to catch up as C for example)
- it use e17 for the gui (as all the essential program for the phone)
- it use FSO

So if somebody want to write a nativ program (in the future) for the
freerunner,
it is best to start contributing to paroli...

So an official (maintained) development environment would help the starters.

Best regards,
 Laszlo