[Android] on SD card

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Jan 21 13:08:24 CET 2009

> it's very interesting! but is there a way for booting with uboot?
> thanks
>
> ps i haven't tried android recently mainly cause the bigger kernel and
> my lazyness in changing uboot.

It could be possible from u-boot bootloader prompt.
You can check http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/U-boot

According to Michael this is for booting from NAND:

bootargs_base=rootfstype=jffs2 root=/dev/mtdblock6
console=ttySAC2,115200 loglevel=8 regular_boot
bootcmd=setenv bootargs ${bootargs_base} ${mtdparts}; nand read.e
0x32000000 kernel 0x300000; bootm 0x32000000

I am not sure if this is possible when kernel is on SD card.
You can try replace jffs2 with ext3 and /dev/mtdblock6 with
/dev/mmcblk0p2 and commands for loading kernel (nand read.e)
with their equivalent for SD card.

Good luck

Radek