[debian ] Bluetooth

Niel Drummond niel.drummond at grumpytoad.org
Wed Jan 21 21:41:44 CET 2009

dscaini at gmail.com wrote:
> i followed the wiki but with no result... do you have any tip or
> favourite application to let it work?

I think I picked the pieces together from various google searches - you
probably need to install bluez and family of programs: apt-cache search
bluez

I then used 'hcitool' to connect. I found this in my rc.local, so I
guess it was also necessary:

echo 1 > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-bt.0/power_on

echo 0 > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-bt.0/reset
hidd --search

there is probably a lot more I could do to make it secure...  you will
probably also want to look into a custom keymap - 'loadkeys', 'showkey',
'xev' and 'xmodmap' helped there. my only niggle at the moment is the X
mappings seem a little jittery, not sure if that comes from updates or
just me tweaking the wrong switch :-|

- Niel