massive forward progress

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 23:49:58 CET 2009

2009/1/22 Harry L. Lee <harry at jonesnose.com>:
> I moved my freerunner host to new hardware and a new version of ubuntu
> (jaunty jacalope) and the usb networking is vastly more stable, so i'm able
> to play on the freerunner much more comfortably. what i think i'd like to do
> is find a stock, working full on debian system that actually has working
> wifi, annd usb that i can install wiith 2 flash operations, one for the
> kernel, one for the file system (jffs2?) does such a thing exist?

the commonly-used debian for freerunner is not installed by flashing,
but from a sh script. more info here:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianOnFreeRunner

usb works. i didn't try wifi, but no reason why it shouldn't work,
there are free drivers for the hardware

hackable1 is based on debian, and is available as two flashable
images, tar.gz and experimental jffs2:

http://www.hackable1.org/wiki/Main_Page