Yaouh! out (update for tangogps maps)

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Thu Jan 22 20:21:21 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 08:20:59AM +0900, William Kenworthy wrote:
> ext2/3 is not really suited to storing such a large number of small
> files. The main problem is the fixed number of inodes which I ran out of
> despite having 2Gb still free on the SD card partition :(  To work
> around, create the file system with "-b 1024 -i 1024" for the maximum
> number of inodes - unfortunately this cant be changed after the FS is
> created.

   This is another problem that would be solved by using ReiserFS. It is a
pity that it is not compiled into the kernel as shipped by the
distributions.

  (I don't understand why ext2/3 is used at all these days, as it has been
obsolete for years. Except for one bug 8 years ago[1], ReiserFS has worked
flawlessly for me on my desktop systems.)

[1] http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0003.1/0714.html

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen