shr- GPS howto?

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Fri Jan 23 17:50:05 CET 2009

Fernando Martins wrote:
> Very nice, thanks. It's indeed working, sort of:
>
> - on my SHR image (08.12.16), settings has no option for GPS

You are right, of course.
These days, no option for turning the gps hardware on or off. Gps is
turned on automatically by fso-gpsd, when an app tries to use it.

> - it took at least 4 minutes to get a fix. Last time, I gave up after 10
> min. All tests this evening, same place, tallest buildings almost 100mt
> away; my house is ~10mt high.

Check if you have one of the older freerunners that have problems using
gps and SDcard at the same time. Take the sdcard out, and rund from
flash. If the gps is better, then that was the problem. You should also
be able to see a tiny capacitor between two of the pins under the sdcard
slot. If it isn't there, then your phone have this problem.

Helge Hafting