Linball (Linux Pinball) game on Openmoko Neo

Rafael Ignacio Zurita rizurita at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 18:42:44 CET 2009

Hi Helge,

--- On Fri, 1/23/09, Helge Hafting <helge.hafting at hist.no> wrote:
> Rafael Ignacio Zurita wrote:
> > Hi!,
> >
> > The last year we wrote a pinball game for a contest
> and now
> > we want to share a version for Neo devices.
> >
> Great game!

Thanks! :)

> One problem though. The sound is sometimes fine, and
> sometimes extremely choppy. Is the game trying to make more
> advanced sound (mixing etc.) than the weak processor can
> handle? Or is there something wrong with the SHR
> distribution?

Well, in my system (OM2008.12) the game works ok, but there is
not other extra X applications running, and we can't add more
effects..

Two things to test:
- play without sound running "./linball -f -n" , or
- replace the music.ogg stereo file with this mono ogg file:
http://linball.sf.net/music.ogg

Let us to know if you get better speed.

Rafa

--