How to view Qtopia .pic files

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 24 10:35:54 CET 2009

Pander wrote:
> Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
>> Pander wrote:
>>> How can I view Qtopia .pic files on my Ubuntu machine and possibly
>>> convert them to PNG/SVG?
>> They could be converted back to svg, but I wasn't able to make the
>> qtopia tool work for me.
>> I suggest you to browse the Qtopia source to get the original svg files
>> from which the pic files are generated.
>
> Where can I download this tool? I'm interested in converting back and
> forward to this format.

Ah, it is called svgtopicture. Building it requires installing
QtExtended SDK (.iso) via install.sh which needs VMware player (.rpm)
rpm on Debian started complaining about not finding /bin/sh (while it
was there) and running alian told me that the pre and post install
scripts were skipped. So I abandoned this path in order to keep my
system sane.

Anyone else got svgtopicture successfully build?