Accelerometers in Kernel 2.6.28-rc4

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 11:00:21 CET 2009

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 10:35:14 +0100
Michael Tansella <michael-tansella at gmx.de> wrote:

> When I read out the Acc values I get strange values. I set the device
> to 100 Hz that means I should get one (3D) value every 10 ms but I
> get two even with a different time stamp whitch differs round about
> 0.4 ms. Because of the axis orientation it cannot be from the second
> Accelerometer. So where does this additional (3D)value come from?

Two at the price of one :-)

Could you test to set the threshold value to something low, e.g., 18 or
so? Also check the threshold file afterward you've set it so that it's
not zero, values which are too low to be represented by the threshold
code get rounded down.

> This log I recorded from the first accelerometer with 100 Hz. (If set
> to 400 Hz I get two values every 2.5 milliseconds, the same problem)

Do you have this test program to share?

Thanks,
// Simon