tangoGPS 0.9.5 is out

Fernando Martins fernando at cmartins.nl
Sat Jan 24 23:22:36 CET 2009

Michael Sheldon wrote:
> Fernando Martins wrote:
>
>> Michael Sheldon wrote:

>>>   Just use --force-depends, in most recent builds the gtk+ package is
>>> simply "gtk+" rather than gtk+-fastscaling. So you'll have all the
>>> necessary files anyway.
>>>

>> Thanks, I used:
>>
>> opkg -force-depends install http://www.tangogps.org/downloads
>> /tangogps_0.9.5-r0_armv4t.opk
>>
>> but I still get the same error. (I also tried --force-depends, it seems
>> both syntaxes are accepted).
>>

>   Are you sure it was an error? You'll still see the same message with
> --force-depends but it will be downgraded to a warning instead of an
> error and the package will be installed despite it.

Sorry, you are right; as I said, not really familiar with it, and a too
quick reading of the message.

Something else, the tangoGPS desktop icon stop being displayed during
install. The tangogps.desktop file is under /usr/share/applications (I
believe this is the right one) but it's not displayed anymore. I haven't
rebooted yet to see if it comes back, but anyway I guess this should not
be happening.

Cheers,
Fernando