tangoGPS 0.9.5 is out

Michael Sheldon mike at mikeasoft.com
Sat Jan 24 23:32:26 CET 2009

Fernando Martins wrote:
> Michael Sheldon wrote:
>> Fernando Martins wrote:

>>> Thanks, I used:
>>>
>>> opkg -force-depends install http://www.tangogps.org/downloads
>>> /tangogps_0.9.5-r0_armv4t.opk
>>>
>>> but I still get the same error. (I also tried --force-depends, it seems
>>> both syntaxes are accepted).
>>>
>>   Are you sure it was an error? You'll still see the same message with
>> --force-depends but it will be downgraded to a warning instead of an
>> error and the package will be installed despite it.
>>

> Sorry, you are right; as I said, not really familiar with it, and a too
> quick reading of the message.
>
> Something else, the tangoGPS desktop icon stop being displayed during
> install. The tangogps.desktop file is under /usr/share/applications (I
> believe this is the right one) but it's not displayed anymore. I haven't
> rebooted yet to see if it comes back, but anyway I guess this should not
> be happening.

  Yes, it looks like there's a mistake in the tangogps.desktop file,
instead of having the category "Applications" it has the category
"Application". You can fix this in one of two ways, either edit the
tangogps.desktop file in /usr/share/applications or edit
/etc/xdg/menus/applications.menu, scroll down to the bottom and add
"<Category>Application</Category>" to the <Or> section of the
"Accessories" <menu>.

  Cheers,
   Mike.