Someone stole my Neo Freerunner... :(

The Digital Pioneer digitalpioneer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 02:51:06 CET 2009

This is an excellent idea. I've been wondering about this. If I had GPRS, I
would SSH in (possible? Getting the IP would be tricky) and pull GPS
coordinates. But I don't have GPRS. I think it would be good to implement
some kind of SIM-based security, along with a way to send some kind of panic
SMS. Both would activate some kind of daemon that pulls coords from GPS
whenever possible and sends them back to you. Maybe have it call you at home
and a TTS engine gives them to you if you can't get SMS without your phone.
Just some ideas. Would be AWESOME to have a phone that works to return to
its owner though. Lord of the Rings like. :P

As you maybe can tell, I've considered this a little just in case someone
steals my $400 baby.

--
Thanks,

The Digital Pioneer