[Tango-GPS] Map bulk download?

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Mon Jan 26 15:46:23 CET 2009

> You mentioned navit in your posting, so I assume you're already using
> it to draw OSM maps on the FreeRunner, that's why I asked.

ah, ok.
well, yes, i have both installed, but imo tangogps is faster and more
usable for general orientation, while navit focuses on guiding. at least
that's my idea of the differences between both.

and anyway, it is not a question of opposition but of improvement for
tangogps. i once tried to download only the tiles for decent zooming of my
town and it took morer space than navit's bin for the whole of the the eu.