[SHR] Kernel 2.6.28 not working on my Freerunner

Klaus Kurzmann mok at mnet-online.de
Tue Jan 27 23:04:21 CET 2009

* E. Boer <edbo.design at gmail.com> [090127 23:00]:
> On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 21:37 +0000, Andy Green wrote:
> >
> > Somebody in the thread at some point said:
> > | Hello,
> > |
> > | My first post on the mailinglist :-) because I don't know how to fix
> > | this :-(
> > |
> > | Today I downloaded the latest kernel and shr-lite-testing release, ran
> > | into u-boot and flashed my Freerunner. I'm going with my [AUX]-button to
> > | the boot option and pressed the power-button. The screen says that the
> > | kernel was loaded successfully and stopped at "starting kernel". I
> > | waited for more then a hour, after then I removed the battery for a hard
> > | shutdown.
> > |
> > | The kernel is 2.6.28. Kernel 2.6.24 is booting nice. But I want to know
> > | what's going wrong (kernel panic)? What kind of information do you want
> > | to help me fix this?
> >
> > If there is literally a kernel panic, the AUX light will be flashing at
> > about 4Hz.

> No flashing AUX light nothing, the phone is dead no any reaction.

> > Where did you get the kernel from?  Is there a git hash on the filename?

> I grabbed the kernel from
> http://build.shr-project.org/shr-unstable/images/om-gta02/

> The hash is:
> gitr34240a1c06ae36180dee695aa25bbae869b2aa26-r2-om-gta02

on shr-testing the new kernel won't work anyway. The included version of
frameworkd is missing the necessary changes...

For the new kernel you have to use shr-unstable right now. This will
changes with the next testing image... which will be due, when we have
sorted out one or two problems of the current unstable image.

mrmoku