Hot stuff (literally!)

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Wed Jan 28 14:56:03 CET 2009

> Is this something to worry about, and can I find out what's eating
> current (I've got it tied to the wall charger, so the battery won't go
> flat).

that's probably the cause -- i don't know what distribution you are using
(hint, hint), but at least debian/fso seems to restart charging when
dropping below a certain level.
if that level is to high and you're using the wall charger (1000mA!)
frequent recharge might be the effect -- and since those batteries usually
get warm while charging, yours might get hot.