[SHR] Miscellanious minor issues

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 16:36:16 CET 2009

On Thursday 29 January 2009, Helge Hafting wrote:
> Pander wrote:
> > Found it now. Was looking with another person who also knows the Om2008
> > release for over 10 minutes without any luck. But we overlooked the
> > qwerty on the 'right' side. We were really fooled by only looking on the
> > left side LOL
>
> I too wish the keyboard was accessible with a *single* click, like it is
> in Om. The keyboard gets a lot of use.

I asked about the same thing a while back. Raster's reply was:

it's that way because slowly i'm expecting toolkits to be able to auto-popup
or apps - it's still there, but i moved it away to make more room on the top
bar for other things. it's laid out by theme so it can be changed - but the
default is aimed more at the "state of things how they should be right now"

The full thread's here for context:
http://markmail.org/thread/p54qiy6635oogma7