[All] To build a better music player

Dylan Reilly dreilly at atariland.net
Fri Jan 30 00:09:39 CET 2009

I am still in the process of making changes, but I have some packages
if anyone wants to try it. This version has the option of using a
gstreamer back-end (the default with the packaged config file) instead
of mplayer. By using gstreamer, CPU and memory load have been reduced,
and I was able to rig it such that track transitions occur without the
delays that were present using mplayer. Furthermore, I added tag
reading support for Ogg and Flac through mutagen.

The program itself is [1]. The package does not require all the other
dependencies since technically one does net need to use gstreamer. The
dependencies for gstreamer are: [2], gst-plugin-playbin,
gst-plugin-mad, python-pyalsaaudio, and possibly others that I missed.

Please note, gstreamer has issues with suspend/resume. If the device
suspends while the gstreamer back-end is in use pythm will need to be
restarted before audio will play again.

[1] http://atariland.net/~dreilly/openmoko/audio/pythm_0.5.1-dmr-20090129_armv4t.ipk
[2] http://atariland.net/~dreilly/openmoko/audio/mutagen_svn-4350_armv4t.ipk

In the mean time, I will keep hacking away at it.

--
Dylan Maxwell Reilly