[om2009] shr-settings like ? usability ?

Xavier Cremaschi omega.xavier at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 03:10:26 CEST 2009

Laszlo KREKACS a écrit :
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Xavier Cremaschi<omega.xavier at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for the tip ! Btw do you know how I can scroll in 'Settings'
>> without entering into a submenu ?
>
> Yepp. It is fixed since two days or so....
> Upgrade to the latest unstable or wait for the next testing release.
>
>> If you think 3 weeks are doable, it's a good argument for me to try for
>> 5 days :)
>

> Before anyone is going to vacation and using om2009, I highly recommend
> you to either wait the next testing release, or try unstable, or
> incorporate this
> patch to your local paroli:
> http://git.paroli-project.org/?p=paroli.git;a=commit;h=7540025fad3c8ba6def420909b79b06f2e198b0b
> http://git.paroli-project.org/?p=paroli.git;a=commit;h=3a8cd2048e14da8895747e861d79fa24dc1a70dd
> http://git.paroli-project.org/?p=paroli.git;a=commit;h=4cc4242559f4b038dc15356bbc76e617dc1b13f1
>
> It makes *automatic* backup of your sms', contacts, call-logs.
>
> So if you loose your contacts in the middle of nowhere, at least you
> can recover;)
>
> Laszlo

I made the update :)

Btw 'People' application needs to be fixed...

For whom it may concern, in
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/tichy/gui_paroli/__init__.py", line
288, in _redraw_view
the line
     letter = value[0]
triggers an error.

If you read the code, you will see something like :
     if hasattr(item, attribute):
         value = getattr(item, attribute)
         if isinstance(value, str) and not len(value):
             value = " " #bugfix for empty name
         if self.LetterDict:
             if self.label_list.index((part, attribute)) == 0:
                 letter = value[0]

This code fails is 'value' is None, which is its value in my specific
case indeed.

I tried an ugly modification :
     if hasattr(item, attribute):
         value = getattr(item, attribute)
         if value == None:
             value = " "
         if isinstance(value, str) and not len(value):
             value = " " #bugfix for empty name
         if self.LetterDict and len(value):
             if self.label_list.index((part, attribute)) == 0:
                 letter = value[0]

Now it's fine.

Xavier.