[omgps] collect feature requests

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 07:13:20 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 6:12 AM, W.Kenworthy<billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Yes, thats over 2 million files :)
> TangoGPS works fine ...

Are you brave enough, that when you use tangogps for lets say a half an hour,
you remove the battery from your phone? (without any power connection).

Please report how much time it takes the fsck to finish (after that).

Cant be just me. It happened with the default 512MB card too,
which comes with the phone.

Im not saying that we should create only one big archive file. Im saying
that we should create archive files with 512-1024 kB size.
So be reasonable filesizes.
It optimize filesystem usage too, reduce fsck.

I can see only positive effects here. I dont see the
"carrying all eggs in one basket".
Positive effects:
- reduced fsck time
- far less inode uses, that means we can even use vfat for it
- much less copying time (when you copy to the phone),
I hope several order of magnitude less
- 512-1024kB filesize shouldnt be a big deal of memory usage

Im more than happy to gather a bit attention here.

Thank you for your time.

Laszlo