[Om2009] fao nytowl, om2009 listing in wiki distributions page

Angus Ainslie nytowl at openmoko.org
Thu Jul 2 06:04:18 CEST 2009

Hi Tim,

It's a little more complicated than that.

On June 30, 2009 03:08:49 pm Tim Abell wrote:
> Hi All / nytowl,
>
> I installed Om2009 on the basis that it is listed under "official" on
> the distributions page, http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Distributions

As far as it's official status you'll need to get a comment from an OM employee.

> I now understand (via irc) that openmoko are no longer maintaining any
> distributions, and that Om2009 is produced and maintained by Angus
> Ainslie (nytowl).

I am still doing maintenance on a volunteer and very part time basis.

The build servers and webservers are still being supplied by OM ( I haven't
been given any timeline on if or whether this will continue ).

> Do you (Angus) or anyone else object if I move Om2009 in that listing to
> the community section as this would clear up any confusion.
>
> It would also be worth adding a note to this page for those unaware of
> the change to openmoko's focus.

Updating and maintaining the wiki is always a good thing, thanks.

Angus