New archive file format (was: [omgps] collect feature requests)

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 2 10:08:32 CEST 2009

I hope not - I have over 2 million tiles stored on SD card - if file
corruption or disaster occurs, it may affect only one tile if its being
accessed at the time - imagine the effect of file system corruption on
one large archive ... you will most likely lose the lot.

Then there is the extra overhead needed - Ive gotta ask "why"? - if you
can justify the extra cpu needed for this, why not do vector maps?

BillK

On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 00:42 -0700, mqy wrote:
> x and y are tile no in tile coordinate system within range of [0.. 2^zoom).
> just do it if you have time, since proof of concept is necessary :) keep in
> mind clear APIs.
> it's likely that, the final version to be integrated into omgps is rewritten
> in C.
>

> Laszlo KREKACS wrote:
> >
> > If I understand right the OSM tiles, they have the following directory

Home in Perth!