[omgps] collect feature requests

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Thu Jul 2 13:50:29 CEST 2009

kimaidou wrote:
> Hum... speaking as a OpenStreetMap user, it would be great to "merge"
> the functionalities of omgsp with those of a tool like
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Mokomapper
> meaning big buttons (9 per full-screen) allowing to store preset OSM
> data such as "shop=bakery", "highway=residential", "amenity=pub", etc..
> and be able to export directly in osm format.

Nice idea. And if I export GPX instead of OSM, include all that
pub/bakery/... stuff as comments. (The gpx format support comments)
These comments then show up in JOSM - very useful.

I usually add detail (housenumbers etc.) to areas that are already well
mapped, so making OSM directly won't work for me. The road is already
there, for example. GPX comments makes it easy to add only the stuff
that is new.

Helge Hafting