linphone 3.1.0

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 2 19:21:26 CEST 2009

On Thursday 02 July 2009, Denis Shulyaka wrote:
> Hi! I'm trying to use linphone on Om2009 and can't get sound working
> properly. Which asound.conf and voip.state file should I use? I tried
> opnes from koolu.org but all I got was ringing sound, no voice in any
> direction. The ringing sound was from speaker, not earpiece.

I haven't tried it on Om2009 yet. On FSO-ms5 I used the voip-handset.state
that was already in FSO, and http://www.koolu.org/asound.conf

Did you remember to switch the mixer state? This needs to be done manually
because linphone isn't FSO-aware yet. If the ring came from the speaker then
either voip-handset.state wasn't the active state or it has changed. IIRC
linphone has play and record options that should let you check its audio
settings independent of any problems you may be having with SIP.

I'm planning to give OM2009 a try soon, so I may have some more ideas soon.