Turn FR into bike meter

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 19:40:34 CEST 2009

> Umh, you may take the freerunner attached to your leg and use accelerometers?

Im thinking about using the neo freerunner while Im running/jogging.
It could count my steps (using the accelerometer data), measure the
exact distance, and plot the average speed across the distance.
It could have many sexy statistics like calories, average "step distance",
etc, etc.

The ultimate feature would be of building some training course.
Like the new could say, you are 1.3 sec behind of your average speed,
helping with some music the jogging. It could warn if your step distance
decrease. It could even help of developping your jogging skills.
It could even measure the vertical distance (so how much do you
jump while runnig), etc, etc.

It looks like the same as attaching the neo to your leg while cycling.
(while jogging, we have much more freedom where we want to
wear the neo)

So I was already toying with the idea. I hope somebody gets
his hand dirty...

Best regards,
 Laszlo