External GPS antenna question

Hammer Armin ahammer at datazug.ch
Sat Jul 4 17:55:08 CEST 2009

Hi Mikhail,

I use a HAMA GPS-ANTENNE MMCX with 2m cable on my FR.
It is passiv one with a magnetic base. Just plug it in an
start your gps-application.

With the internal gps antenna, the first fix last quite long -
with the external - within 5min to 10min I get a fix.

 > What are the implications of their use with FR (power consumption,
 > performance, etc)?

I use the atenna for GPS Tracking during biking and car tours.
As the FR is always running (no sleep) and with activated GPS
module - the battery last about 4h - then it's empty.

 >Should" any antenna with MMCX connector work in FR?

I don't know - I stick to the Wiki page and bought an Hama one.

      Yours
        Armin