Rustling noise on phonecalls

Michael Zanetti michael_zanetti at gmx.net
Sun Jul 5 15:19:41 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

Lately my Buzz-fixed Freerunner began to make a rustling noise during
phonecalls. I cannot hear it on my side but I constantly get complains from
the persons on the other end. Some test calls here confirmed that the noise is
really here and its really loud too.

It is not the well known buzz. It sounds more like if a small animal were
sitting in the mic and moving around during the phonecalls. Or if I would
constantly rustle with a peace of paper against the mic.

I have already opened it and checked if the buzz fix is there how it should be
but everything seems to be ok. I've also cleaned out the dust from the mic
hole but the rustling is still here...

Judging from the time when other people complains started I think it happened
after an upgrade of my SHR unstable. But I'm not really sure. It could also be
that the GSM firmware upgrade to moko-11 somehow triggered this behaviour as
I've upgraded it about 2 weeks before the complains started.

This happens now with SHR as well as with om2009-testing5.

I am using the gsmhandset.state file suggested by Jörg.

Anyone has an idea what could be the cause of this. In this current state my
freerunner is absolutely useless as a phone.

Thank you all,
Michael