Rustling noise on phonecalls

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 18:27:12 CEST 2009

2009/7/5 Michael Zanetti <michael_zanetti at gmx.net>:
> I am using the gsmhandset.state file suggested by Jörg.
>
> Anyone has an idea what could be the cause of this. In this current state my
> freerunner is absolutely useless as a phone.

I believe the gsmhandset.state.new ("the one") file is not good
enough, even though it was toutet as such. The speaker and mic levels
are too high, and apparently it may cause too high amplification of
mic (ie. when mic2 is 3, mono sidetone is 7 and mono playback is 127 -
all maxed out). I've lowered speaker volume to 115 and mono playback
volume to 100, otherwise keeping everything intact. Try those.

Using Debian.

-Timo