[Debian][qtmoko] /dev filesystem

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Sun Jul 5 20:55:08 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 09:39:49AM +0200, Radek Polak wrote:
> i guess this is feature of udev - it creates device nodes depending on
> available device drivers. I dont know how much could be done to speed it
> up. Maybe devtmpfs [1] could be interesting.  However this is pure
> debian problem.
>
> [1] http://lwn.net/Articles/330985/

   Ah, welcome back, devfs. Quoting from the patch submission:

	Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh at suse.de>

   He fought long and hard[1][2][3] against devfs and eventually succeeded
in having it removed from the kernel. I don't think I want to know what they
did to him to have him accept to put dev(tmp)fs back in. But it is good
news.

[1] http://his.luky.org/ML/linux-kernel.2005/msg45135.html
[3] http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/6/18/185

--