Anyone know a store that sells FreeRunner accs in the US

Sean Moss-Pultz sean at openmoko.com
Mon Jul 6 18:35:36 CEST 2009

Hi Laszlo

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Laszlo KREKACS
<laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com> wrote:

> > If somebody wants to start a Wiki page and vote on accessories that
> > you all want to buy,
>
> I was always wondering, why openmoko dont ship an adapter like this[1],
> instead of the big (hard to carry) cable.

Yeah I have one of those. I really liked the design, but they don't
seem to fit in many of the new netbooks that are so popular these
days. So we decided to make something more flexible.

As for the existing design, we spent a ton of money to make the
adapters...they had a huge minimum order quantity. Mainly because of a
patent issues with the design. So we won't be able to custom make
anything anytime soon. But if you know of an existing one you like,
please add it the wiki page and we'll keep track of demand and try to
source them once it reaches around 100 units.

[snip]

> ps: I would also like to hear any news about your new company Sean.
> Just how things are going,
> are stumped somewhere, etc, etc.

Well Openmoko is still Openmoko. Nothing fundamentally new here yet.
The changes to our company have been more in size and scope, than
anything else. Our vision of making great open devices is still the
same. We're a much smaller team now. All hyper-focused moving towards
our next product. We're very optimistic about the future.

To transform an idea into a business takes a lot time and luck. 2009
is year three for our company. This is really the make-or-break year
for a startup. At least it works that way in my past experiences.
We've been through a lot of turbulence these past six
months...personally it was extremely hard on me. I can't help but feel
that we're close to getting lucky.

Probably your interested in hearing more about "Project B". Please
give me a few more months to talk about that. We're in the middle of
some sensitive negotiations. So we can't share project details
publicly yet - at least without jeopardizing important future
relationships for us. Exclusivity and non-disclosure agreements are
realities of the business world. I hope you all can understand our
secrecy at times around product development. Rest assured, the results
will be open for everyone.

If there's anything specific you're interested in, please feel free to
ask. I'll do my best to share what I can.

  -Sean