[SHR-unstable] screen flickering

rhn omcomali.rhn at porcupinefactory.org
Mon Jul 6 20:10:31 CEST 2009

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 10:58:52 -0700 (PDT), mqy <meng.qingyou at gmail.com>
wrote:
> hi:
>
> SHR unstable version is 20090624. I've seen this problem for several
times
> when omgps running.
> I often switch current page to "menu" which avoid refreshing views -- to
> save power.
>
> The whole screen gets blur. Fortunately in this case I can click the
'exit'
> button, but have to restart.
>
> Each time I saw the problem the only thing I'm sure that
> 1) the outdoor air temperature is high (>30 centi degrees)
> 2) the phone was put in a portable bag, I have to say the color is black
:)

> I'm wondering it is caused by high temperature? Anybody has similar
> problem?

I saw two incarnations of that.

The first one I encountered was the screen flickering, but not getting
blurred. It happened several times, each time (save one or two) the FR was
charging and feeling a bit hot. On powering off, the screen was black at
first, then, slowly, grey vertical bars appeared in various shades of gray.

The other one seemed more like a software failure - half of the screen was
blurred. It seemed like the image was being shifted a feww pixels in some
direction and then back to normall all the time.

--
Cheers,
rhn