[all] navit install problems

KaZeR kazer at altern.org
Tue Jul 7 10:26:37 CEST 2009

Marcel-2 wrote:

> I experienced that behaviour, too, 100% reproducible, so probably no
> coincidence. But I'd like to know what the hell opkg does there which
> fills all the memory?!

I sometimes also experienced the issue on casual opkg upgrade, and i have
navit's feed disabled because opkg dies almost all the time if it's enabled.
Just wait 2 weeks without upgrading on unstable, and i get 'killed' on first
try.

http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2009/07/02/embedded-package-managers-sucks/

If you download the package and install it via opkg by hand, it works.
That's how i'm doing my upgrades.