High pitch voice when the screen is in horizontal mode

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Tue Jul 7 23:49:49 CEST 2009

Hi!

I've asked about this some months ago already on #openmoko, now as I
got Navit up&running I use horizontal mode more, it's started really
to disturb me:

I'm using OM2009, but I've noticed the same on OM2008.x

Running xrandr -o 3 or xrandr -o 1 makes the screen rotate to
horizontal mode. At the same time FR (the screen, glamo, something)
starts to give me a very high pitch voice. It's loud enough to be
heard in a moving car, 0.5m away so it's kind of disturbing..

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Btw, I haven't destroyed my ears going to rock concerts without ear
plugs so if you don't hear it doesn't mean it's not there :) (No, I
have no idea how high it is.. higher than I can whistle anyway..)