Background amplification and voice blur on phone call

Shashank Bharadwaj shanka.mns at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 17:56:04 CEST 2009

Hi list,

I created a new topic cause I think this question is slightly
different from the one being discussed in the "Rustling noise on
phonecalls" thread. Well I just installed OM2009 (and updated via opkg
update && opkg upgrade) and then tested on paroli on a call. Weird
thing happened. The background sounds (like of the traffic, keyboard
strokes or somebody else far off talking) are highly amplified. But my
own voice is highly marred with noise. My voice sounds like it's being
mixed by a dj to produce a kind of recursive-echo effect!

Then I tried with the latest QtMoko Images. (QtMoko v3 based on FSO
from http://dashi-x02.karadog.net/~lihouyu/qtmoko/snapbuild/20090707/
). It had the same issue too.

Then I tried wiki, [1] says:
    wget http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/raw-attachment/ticket/2121/gsmhandset.state.new
-O /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/gsmhandset.state
should help. I tried. It didn't.

Any ideas?

Footnotes:
1. http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Om2009#Audio_quality_during_call