[omgps] collect feature requests

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Sun Jul 5 22:28:00 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 03:13:44AM -0700, mqy wrote:
> 2009/7/5 Rask Ingemann Lambertsen (via Nabble)
> <ml-user+167888-1251911770 at n2.nabble.com>:
> > On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 05:29:22PM -0700, mqy wrote:
> >
> >> Please feel free to comment or add new feature requests here.
> >
> >    Two comments on the package control file:
> > 1) The dependency on python2.6 is missing.
> > 2) The description is still the default one.

> Let me explain my build environment.
> HOST env: debian chroot on top of ubuntu
>
> 1. build with openmoko unstable toolchian (from openmoko download site)
> om-conf omgps && make clean && make && om-make-ipkg omgps
> With this approach, take care to run om-conf again once Makefile.am is modified.
>
> 2. build with bitbake (SHR), see omgps_svn.bb

   I have no idea how any of that works, but I'm guessing that somewhere you
have a file called 'control'? This is what it looks like in the package:

$ dpkg-deb -f ~/software/omgps_0.1_20090618-3_armv4t.ipk
Package: omgps
Version: 0.1
Section: openmoko/applications
Maintainer: meng
Architecture: armv4t
Homepage: http://www.openmoko.org/
Depends:
Source: omgps

> about comment #1: I have no idea how to test Python version installed
> in tool chain, so have to hard code the version as 2.6. What about try
> 2.4 or something else?

   That's not what I'm asking. Just add the libpython2.6 package name to the
Depends: line to resolve this dependency:

$ omgps
omgps: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.6.so.1.0: cannot

> about comment #2: which description? would you please clarify?

   The one that says "package built by openmoko toolchain".

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen