replacement opkg.org (was Re: Opkg.org?! (was: Re: [SHR-...))

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 13:18:53 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 11:03:39PM +1200, Robin Paulson wrote:
> 2009/7/9 Marcel <tanuva at googlemail.com>:
> > Damn, you're right. And if it worked, it'd have borked my intone already,
> > that requires libid3 which in turn requires libstdc++ and libgcc1 >=
> > 4.3.3, om2k9 only contains 4.1.2.... :/
> > You won.
>
> unfortunately, no-one wins
>
> i see apt/opkg/portage as one of the most elegant, powerful and useful
> things about linux distros. the ability to update every piece of
> software on a machine, with two commands, is pretty impressive.
>
> unfortunately, the maintainer of opkg.org looks to be missing in
> action - i've emailed to ask if he's going to further develop the site
> to fix the bugs. no answer
>
> so, i propose a replacement i have zero experience with running a
> repository though. are there any free services on the net for running
> this kind of thing? i'd be surprised if the only way to do this was
> through a built-from-scratch site such as opkg.org

opkg.org is nice site for showing new packages, but for updating and
installing of those .opk is really better to help distro developers
to get .bb file to their repository and start building that package
regularly. Then there is no problem when upstream changes library names
or something and its clearly stated which version was used to build that
package and with which aditional patches.

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr
JaMa