Rustling noise on phonecalls

Ben Wong lists.openmoko.org at wongs.net
Thu Jul 9 18:17:45 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 11:03 PM, Adam Jimerson<vendion at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 09 July 2009 12:54:15 am Ben Wong wrote:
>>   mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ogsmd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
>> org.freesmartphone.GSM.Device.SetSpeakerVolume 68
>
> Are you sure that mdbus call is correct I got two different error messages

I have no idea what the "pending_return [...] is deprecated" error
means, but it doesn't prevent the mdbus call from working.

"Service name not found" means that you're not running frameworkd, I
think.  I actually received the same error the first time I tried it
on SHR-unstable as well.  I fixed it by restarting frameworkd:

    /etc/init.d/frameworkd restart

Oddly, the next time I rebooted into SHR-unstable, frameworkd started
correctly on its own.

By the way, running "mdbus -s", with no other options, lists what
services are on the D-Bus.  You can grep for "freesmartphone" to see
if the services provided by frameworkd are there.

--Ben