[SHR] nEo theme need help packaging (was: Re: [Shr-User] New _FAST_ theme)

Bernd Prünster bernd.pruenster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 00:48:46 CEST 2009

sorry for crossposting, won'T happen again, but i am looking for help...

i fixed a couple of tiny things (for exaple i added elmdentica icon to
the icon theme and radio buttons shluold now be displayed properly) and
i want to build an ipk.
my problem: i am not good in writing shellscripts, so i will explain my
concern:

packaging in general is not aproblem.

packaging illume theme is no problem at all..

the trouble begins with the ELEMENTARY THEME:

[*]i want to display a warning message (befor the installation process)
that the user should remove the neo theme before installing any other
elemetary themes (are there any apart from sixteen?) so that the user
can press ctrl+c if he doesnt want to install it, because if the proper
scripts are missing something might go wrong [that should not be that
big of a problem for me, but just in case i'd like to have it done by
someone else].

[*] i want to automatically enable the neo elementary theme after
installing, but i also want to check if another non-default elementary
theme is in use to keep /etc/profile clean [i have an idea how to do it,
but it could also blow /etc/profile if i do it myself]

[*] i want to automatically enable x11-16 engine for elementary, but
check if it has already be done by the user (again to keep /etc/profile
neat and tidy) [again i dont want to do it myself for the sake of
/etc/profile]

the troubles continue with the SHR APPS edje data collections:

[*] i want to backup every .edj file in
/usr/share/libframeworkg-phonegui-efl before the neo theme's edj files
are placed there so i dont overwrite the default files.. [my idea would
be to append .back te every edj file in this directory... theoretically
i know how to do it, but i want to be absolutely sure that my them
package doesnt overwrite any default files so that the user can switch
back to the default look if he removes the neo theme]

the troubles go on with the ETK THEME

[*]i want to display a warning message (befor the installation process)
that the user should remove the neo theme before installing any other
etk themes (are there any ?) so that the user can press ctrl+c if he
doesnt want to install it, because if the proper scripts are missing
something might go wrong [that should not be that big of a problem for
me, but just in case i'd like to have it done by someone else

[*] i want to kackup /usr/share/etk/themes/default.edj so i dont
overwrite any defaul files [same problem i have with elementary]

final problem:

[*] when the user removes the neo theme i want to revert all these steps
mentioned above.

so basically i want opkg to do everything mentioned on my blog in the
installation instructions [1] (guys who installed the theme already know
them)

the download link for the theme packages (icon theme and e+elm+etk+shr
apps) stayed the same.

thx in advance (i hope someone can do me that favor...)

[1]  http://jmccloud.jm.funpic.de/?p=54