QSuunto-Lite

Christian Rüb christian.rueb at gmx.net
Fri Jul 10 09:39:43 CEST 2009

> > glad someone is interested in this one as I want to (re)concentrate on it
> > again.
>
> Happy to make you glad. ;)
>
> > QSuunto-Lite can only _display_ information from file _not_ download
> >itself.
> > These features are planned for the next dive program which will also not
> >be Suunto specific and hopefully get GPS integration and stuff - but this
> >is still a long way...
>
> Sounds interesting.  Do you use SAC where you are?

Yes. But as my DC does not measure pressure I have to guess from my gauge.
Currently I use JDivelog[1] which automatically calculates SAC for you if you
enter volume, start and end pressure. Depth comes from DC of course.

> > Next (and probably last) feature for QSuunto-Lite will be to display the
> >dive profile graphically.
>
> The screenshots look like you've at least got this started, yes?

Yes, but as you can see in git I have not been working on it for four months
now but it's now one of the first points on my todo list.

> > I am not planning to do it in elmentary as it was my first real program
> > in C++ and QT and thus also meant to learn it.
>
> Quick question: how hard would it be to port to arm5vte?  I'm thinking
> Zaurus.

It's plain C++ and QT, so if you have QT running there I would guess you only
need to compile it. I have a friend who has (had?) a zaurus and a Suunto Gekko
- maybe he will also try.

> > Newer Suuntos are also planned to be supported in the new app.
>
> I have a Mosquito, so no problem, I'm sure.  Do you have the protocols for
> the newer computers?

Yes, see here: [2]

[1] http://www.jdivelog.org/
[2] http://www.sarnau.info/papers:suunto_d9