Record call.

Matthias Felsche MatthiasFelsche at web.de
Fri Jul 10 15:15:53 CEST 2009

Actually Dictator does not manipulate any state-file.
It provides its own. One for playing files that has been recorded, one for recording.
It loads the recording-state and changes two switches, depending on what you'd like to record.
It backups the previous state and reloads it when it is done.

You have to change the state of alsa if you want to record a phonecall. I think there is no alternative!
It's easier to do with a ready state-file than by manipulating every single switch!

At all, if you want something working automatically, you just have to listen for incoming calls (via dbus?) and when one is coming, you have to start (e.g.) a script
which loads a state with which you can record a call simultaneously and start arecord and end when you hang up.

Matthias