Background amplification and voice blur on phone call

Staley, Daniel L dlstal2 at uky.edu
Fri Jul 10 17:24:44 CEST 2009

Im hosting a copy of the file at:

http://www.bufferunderflow.com/diff_a7_openwrt

-Dan Staley
From: tb [bumbl3x3 at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 9:53 AM
To: List for Openmoko community discussion
Subject: Re: Background amplification and voice blur on phone call

Could you upload the diff somewhere else?
http://rapidshare.com/files/253813548/diff_a7_openwrt.html

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Thank you

2009/7/9 Paul Fertser <fercerpav at gmail.com<mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com>>
David Garabana Barro <david at garabana.com<mailto:david at garabana.com>> writes:
>> > [b] signal is super loud, which is odd because i would think it would
>> > be very quiet.
>>
>> That's the difference you see between extra-cap units and
>> not. Supposedly you have a capless unit and is using too much
>> amplification for the earpiece in the codec. (FYI nobody knows for
>> sure and there's no way to know which units have those stupid caps and
>> which do not. Looks like all A7 units have them, as probably most of A5;
>> my A6 doesn't)
>
> Please, could you explain or provide a link about the difference between
> a "cap" and a "capless" Neo?
> I think it's the first time I hear about it...

Nobody can explain that :)

Basically it's assumed that some units have 1uF caps in place of
R3004/R3005 (which should be 0R).

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com<mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com>