lowering gps sampling rate

mqy meng.qingyou at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 09:02:38 CEST 2009

Longer sampling rate does not save that much energy as expected. Also refer
to this [1].

Omgps uses fixed 1Hz send rate for now, but ever tested a lot (even FIXNOW)
before release.
Incoming version will support configuring sampling rate which is implemented
by sleep().

During my last trip (mountain climbing), we were told at hotel that the
mountain is difficult to climb, almost no way. I did a quick hacking:

To help find back way upon get lost, current position is displayed on track
replay;
To save a bit energy, sampling rate was increased to 5 seconds

For next mountain climbing, I bought two Nokia BL-5C batteries yesterday :)

[1]
http://n2.nabble.com/test-result-of-battery-current-against-display-brightness-and-GPS--power-mode-tp2541178p2541178.html